Upcoming updates? - ORF Forums

Upcoming updates? RSS Back to forum

Do you know when the next version of ORF is expected?

by David Reade more than 10 years ago

@David Reade: We have no official ETA yet: ORF 5 is expected to be released within a few months.

by Krisztian Fekete (ORF Team) more than 10 years ago
(in reply to this post)

Great, thanks for the info.

by David Reade more than 10 years ago

I have valid SMA, but I can't logon Feature Test Program in forum, it is normal? The Feature Test Program link on forum permanent redirect me to login page, but I'm currently logged on...
Do you know where I can get ORF5 for test and when the version 5 of ORF is become downloadable in customer area?

by Aleksander Nazarenko more than 10 years ago

@Aleksander Nazarenko: The Feature Test Program forum is available for program members only. Please check with our technical support () if your membership for this program is valid and if you are using the right IDs to access the forum. There is still no ETA on ORF 5, but it is coming - check out http://blog.vamsoft.com/tag/orf5preview to see what to expect of ORF 5.

by Peter Karsai (ORF Team) more than 10 years ago
(in reply to this post)

Any update on a release date for ORF 5? I am nearing the end of my subscription and debating whether to renew. 4.4 just doesn't cut it anymore.

by William Coffey more than 10 years ago

@William Coffey: Unfortunately, will still have no official schedule for the release yet, but I can give you a status update: ORF is now feature-complete and it is already being tested by a selected group of clients. This will last for a few more weeks, then followed by alpha and beta release (we might skip the alpha stage if ORF is judged to be reliable enough for a wider audience). We usually stop these testing cycles once we no longer receive issue reports for 1 or 2 weeks. We believe we owe ORF's high reliability (as compared to the rest of the industry) to this policy, but this also means that the schedule is very flexible until the last few weeks before release.

Meanwhile, we are working on help system and documentation updates. We are also launching ORF 5 with a completely renewed website with many new and improved services and this is still work in progress.

In what sense ORF 4.4 does not cut it anymore? If you experience spam filtering performance issues, please feel free to contact our technical support with any questions you may have, we are happy to help you fine-tuning ORF. Also, you can just send over your configuration and a few log samples and we can give you personalized recommendations for improving performance. You can reach our tech support at .

(in reply to this post)

@Peter Karsai (ORF Team): Will ORF's pricing for new purchases change when version 5 is released?

by Steve more than 10 years ago
(in reply to this post)

@Steve: We are making adjustments to the licensing policy of ORF with version 5. These changes will be reflected in pricing as well. I am afraid I cannot go into more details at the moment, but I can tell you we are not repositioning the product - we are still into offering great value for your money.

(in reply to this post)

If I purchase 4.4 today, assuming that Version 5 is released within a year, would I still get version 5 for free as part of my 1 year SMA?

by Todd more than 10 years ago

@Todd: Yes, your SMA guarantees you can get ORF 5 in this case, with no additional fees.

(in reply to this post)

When is ORF 5 due to be released? Last year you said it was going to be in the next few months and I noticed above you've said it's feature-complete and should be reaching alpha/beta stage in the next few weeks - but that was 2 months ago.

What's taking so long?

by Dave more than 10 years ago

@Dave: I understand your disappointment, Dave - we definitely wanted to ship sooner. Unfortunately, a few sub-projects suffered significant delay due to unforeseen things and these now delay the entire release.

All I can give you is a status update right now. ORF is now feature-complete and documentation updates are almost ready. No recent bug reports from ORF test development releases either, meaning we can soon launch a public preview version of ORF 5. Meanwhile, we are working on the new ORF website, internal toolset and other dependent projects (such as data migration, etc.). The latest schedule update suggests that web works are the farthest from completion. However, this does not hold up the preview release: it is coming a lot sooner than the final ORF 5 release.

(in reply to this post)

@Peter Karsai (ORF Team): I know I already asked this question, but I still have a lingering question.

If I purchase 4.4 today, since ORF 5 should be out within my 1 year SMA, am I going to get it for free even if it releases after my 1 year SMA has expired?

by Todd more than 10 years ago
(in reply to this post)

@Todd: If you purchase ORF today, you will get 4.4 and all future versions released till September 20, 2012 (including ORF 5) with no further costs.

by Krisztian Fekete (Vamsoft) more than 10 years ago
(in reply to this post)

I have several customers that I had convinced to upgrade with the anticipation of a bright and shiney new version. What should I be telling them. 6 months is beyond "unforseen" things.

by Steven Crandall more than 10 years ago

@Steven Crandall: in 2-4 weeks, we plan to release the next (and final) development build for the members of our closed feature test program, probably followed by a public beta test. The release date of the final version depends on the number and severity of bugs found during these last two test phases (if there are any left).

We apologize for the delay.

by Krisztian Fekete (Vamsoft) more than 10 years ago
(in reply to this post)

Is there any updates of release date?

by Daniil Yanov more than 10 years ago

New comment

Fill in the form below to add a new comment. All fields are required. If you are a registered user on our site, please sign in first.

It will not be published.
hnp1 | hnp2