Gmail delivery delays. - ORF Forums

Gmail delivery delays. RSS Back to forum

Hello,
Configuration consists of two mail exchangers.
We are using Greylisting feature, both servers use one SQL database to store information for greylisting. we have problem with delivery e-mails from GMAIL - messages appears after hour or more after it was sent. Adding *@gmail.com and *@googlemail.com don't resolve this issue.

by Max Yakunin more than 10 years ago

@Max Yakunin: Unfortunately, adding *@gmail.com and *@googlemail.com to the Greylist Sender Exception list (and saving the configuration) will solve the problem for future emails only, there is no way ORF can force the servers of Gmail to resend emails which have already been rejected. (Or I misunderstood the issue...)

by Krisztian Fekete (Vamsoft) more than 10 years ago
(in reply to this post)

this is no one-time issue, delays appears every time when people send messages from GMAIL. When i add domain to the exception list and try to send new message all is gone in the same way...a hour or more for waiting message.

@Max Yakunin: What does the ORF Log indicate for these emails in the Message column at Before Arrival (http://blog.vamsoft.com/2010/04/21/using-the-orf-log-viewer/)? Are they still greylisted or there are no Before Arrival entries at all?

If ORF still logs "greylisted", that means the exception has been added incorrectly or the configuration has not been saved afterwards. If you see no greylisting entries, it is most likely something else causes the delays. Also, do you have Tarpit Delay enabled under Configuration / Tests / Tests?

(in reply to this post)

Yes, Tarpit Delay enabled.

...and i don't see no information about messages in logs. Records in logs appears after a hour delay or later also.

@Max Yakunin: I'd try disabling Tarpit Delay in any case: if that does not solve the problem, the delay is definitely caused by something else... I also recommend checking the logs of any other software/hardware components which may alter the incoming email flow in any way (firewalls, relay servers, other content filters like antivirus, etc.)

(in reply to this post)

Thanks, but - i disabled Tarpit Delay, same problem. There is no additional devices or application present in configuration. Only two servers recieve, send and filter e-mail traffic.

@Max Yakunin: I'm running out of ideas :( Do you experience this with Gmail only? Did you try sending the same test email from Gmail to multiple recipients (i.e., to local and non-local addresses alike)? If yes, did the non-local recipients received the email without delay?

If ORF does not log any rejections (temporary or permanent) it is definitely not blocking or delaying these emails. Did you check the SMTP / Exchange transport logs? When is the first time the test email is seen? When it arrives, or when it was sent?

(in reply to this post)

Krisztian, thanks for help. I resolve it. Using Network Monitor i see that GMAIL server try to start TLS and connection failed. I has not set it to require TLS, but there was a certificate installed on SMTP server (we using Exchange). I delete certificate.. All works fine... and nothing about ORF :)

@Max Yakunin: Glad to hear that the problem has been solved :)

(in reply to this post)

New comment

Fill in the form below to add a new comment. All fields are required. If you are a registered user on our site, please sign in first.

It will not be published.
hnp1 | hnp2