Now fails on RDNS? - ORF Forums

Now fails on RDNS? RSS Back to forum

We have a 3rd party ecommerce vender sending us payment reciepts from our online system sales. The purchaser gets a copy sent to them from the 3rd party spoofing our sales address and we get one also. I have the IP address of their servers whitelisted so we can get our spoofed reciept. This has worked well for years but sometimes we don't get our copy of the recipt here is such a case below:

Version: 4.3 REGISTERED
Log Mode: Verbose
Server: claven.dougallmedia.com
Source: SMTPSVC-1
Time: 5/2/2011 7:21:09 PM
Class: Pass
Severity: Information
Actions: (not available)
Filtering Point: On Arrival
HELO/EHLO Domain: (not available)
Related IP Address: 139.142.123.250
Message ID: <>
Email Subject: Purchase Receipt
Sender:
Recipient(s):

Version: 4.3 REGISTERED
Log Mode: Verbose
Server: claven.dougallmedia.com
Source: SMTPSVC-1
Time: 5/3/2011 1:20:51 PM
Class: Blacklist
Severity: Information
Actions: Reject
Filtering Point: Before Arrival
HELO/EHLO Domain: (not available)
Related IP Address: 139.142.123.250
Message ID: (not available)
Email Subject: (not available)
Sender:
Recipient(s):
Recipient blacklisted by the Reverse DNS test (no DNS MX or A/CNAME record for domain "tbsource.com").

by Barry George more than 10 years ago

@Barry George: I suspect this is a DNS configuration issue. I wonder if you have multiple DNS servers configured in ORF? Please make sure that each of these servers resolve tbsource.com properly. You can verify that using the DNS Test dialog for ORF (enter 'tbsource.com' on the Settings tab to the field 'Domain with existing MX record'). This dialog will test all of your DNS servers listed in ORF to see if they do resolve the MX record properly.

by Peter Karsai (ORF Team) more than 10 years ago
(in reply to this post)

New comment

Fill in the form below to add a new comment. All fields are required. If you are a registered user on our site, please sign in first.

It will not be published.
hnp1 | hnp2