check sender - ORF Forums

check sender RSS Back to forum

Hi
How I can check sender email(valid or none)?
Example:
sender send me message, orf then test this sender if sender not exist it reject this mail.
Thanks and sorry for my English.

by sergey.popov2 9 years ago

@sergey.popov2: I think you mean callback verification. ORF does not have such feature, because the concept itself has many problems (for one, your server could flood innocent victims of forgery with callbacks):

http://www.circleid.com/posts/sender_address_verification/

by Krisztián Fekete (Vamsoft) 9 years ago
(in reply to this post)

thanks

by yevgeniy 9 years ago

@Krisztián Fekete (Vamsoft): I have many spam from senders who does not have valid email, but server have MX,PTR and so one records. What I can do??

by yevgeniy 9 years ago
(in reply to this post)

@yevgeniy: Please send us the following to :

• A short description of your setup (operating system, Exchange version, are there any other filtering software affecting emails, secondary MXs, perimeter servers in between the senders and your server, etc.)
• Your current configuration file called orfent.ini (located in Program Files (x86)\ORF Fusion by default)
• Your .log files from the past few days (e.g., orfee-2014-06-12.log, orfee-2014-06-11.log, orfee-2014-06-10.log etc. located in Program Files (x86)\ORF Fusion by default). Please send raw .log files, Log Viewer CSV exports are not suitable.
• A few spam samples with bogus sender addresses, which made it through filtering, which consist of the original emails in EML or MSG format (EML preferred) and the original MIME header in a separate TXT file. (Forwarded emails are not suitable). The MIME header can be retrieved by opening the email in Outlook and selecting View | Options... (or Message options) from the menu. If you use another email client and do not know how to retrieve the email headers, please visit http://www.spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/19.html for instructions.

I will review your configuration and will try to make some suggestions to improve the overall filtering efficiency.

by Krisztián Fekete (Vamsoft) 9 years ago
(in reply to this post)

@Krisztián Fekete (Vamsoft): Ok thanks I prepare and send you. Thanks again.

by yevgeniy 9 years ago
(in reply to this post)

New comment

Fill in the form below to add a new comment. All fields are required. If you are a registered user on our site, please sign in first.

It will not be published.
hnp1 | hnp2